Winter Wonderland

It was mentioned that there was a chance that heavy snow might visit the area at the precise time that the Bills game was set to start.

My cousin very generously passed on his tickets for the game to my boys and their buddy.

“You’re out of your minds,” I said, as the snow began to fly.

“It’ll be fun,” they said.

Before kickoff, Jake sent a text:

“I’d come home if the rest of them agreed.”

Then I didn’t hear anymore...

...and I had the game on television.

I could hardly see it.

Had zero idea what yardline they were on.

For the longest time I figured that it would end 0-0.

By the time it was all over, about 4 hours had passed. The boys talked about how cold it was, but were happy with the win.

“How much would they have to pay you to get you to sit outside in that to watch football?” I asked Kathy.

“A lot,” she said.

“A thousand bucks?” I asked.’

“I still probably wouldn’t do it,” she said.

Over a foot of snow fell.

The wind was whipping.

“I probably wouldn’t either,” I said.

I used to go every week!

They’re home again next week...

...Bills-Dolphins.

How exciting!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie