Santa Baby

I’m not the most festive of people when it comes to Christmas music.

Give me a couple of spins of Bruce doing “Santa Claus is Coming to Town” and “Silent Night” on Christmas Eve and that’ll do it.

I like a few others:

“Father Christmas”, Bowie and Bing doing “Little Drummer Boy” (or Bob Seger) and “I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus” by Mellencamp.

Okay...so I like a few.

Problem is, I don’t like them in November, and I don’t like one Christmas song after another...

...and there are some I hate!

“Dashing through the snow,” ugh!

I stopped for a couple of hot dogs on Thursday for lunch.

Thought it would be nice to spend twenty minutes eating instead of trying to eat when I drive to another job...

...and it was one bad Christmas song after another...

And that damn, “Santa Baby” song got stuck in my brain.

For the next three hours I was trying so hard not to hear it in my head!

I went to a meeting.

As the guy was talking to me I was thinking:

“Santa Baby, coming down the chimney tonight.”

STOP!

He asked me what I thought.

“Santa Baby!”

Over and over.

Just those two damn words!

I stopped for a water on the way home.

“Tomorrow is December first,” one clerk said to the other.

“I’m so excited,” the other girl mentioned. “I love Christmas.”

They both looked at me.

“Santa Baby!” I thought. “Santa Baby. Santa Baby. F***ing Baby.”

“You looking forward to Christmas?” Girl one asked.

“Oh yeah,” I said. “The music really gets me in the mood.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie