So Much to Do??

I don’t do a whole lot in the way of gathering the presents.

I certainly contribute financially, but I can’t remember the last year I headed to the store to pick out gifts.

I kind of miss it.

I used to get something for everyone.

Then it came down to just getting something for Kathy. I had tried buying all of her gifts, but really screwed up when it came to picking out clothes. She’d return most of them.

So, I got demoted.

Then I figured out that the boys liked to go to sporting events so I’d just buy them tickets.

You know what you miss out on when you don’t have to shop anymore?

Crowds, traffic, driving in the snow, endless Christmas songs (Santa Baby), not knowing what to get, not knowing how to wrap.

And I’m not cooking this year.

Normally we have Christmas at our house...

...this year it’s at my sister-in-laws.

So, pretty laid back.

But Kathy kinda’ broke some bad news at the last minute.

“I’m scheduled to work on Saturday and Sunday. You’re going to have to get a few gifts for some people.”

What’s that about?

Are you kidding?

I’m thinking lottery tickets.

That’s all they have at the stores I usually visit.

Yet, I plan on having some fun with it.

But I can tell you one thing...

...I’m not wrapping them.

I have to draw the line somewhere, don’t I?

Good luck getting ready!

Hope it’s your best Christmas ever!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie