Judge & Jury

A couple of years ago, Jake was trying to tell me that the Yankees had no future.

“It’s going to be ten lean years,” he predicted.

I laughed.

“They’re the Yankees,” I said. “They always have a future.”

Last year they were one game away from the World Series and much of that was because their rookie star (who should’ve won the MVP) hit more than 50 homers.

But he didn’t lead the majors in homers.

So, on Saturday, they went and got the guy who did lead the majors in homers.

Giancarlo Stanton is a superstar.

Welcome aboard.

The future looks bright!

And there will be a whole lot of crying because they will be spending a lot of money for Stanton over the next ten years.

Here’s the thing:

They got him for a song!

Miami had to trade him...

...everyone knew it.

They had deals in place with St. Louis and San Francisco but Stanton wouldn’t approve the deals.

Miami was like a wounded animal...

...the Yankees swooped in.

And now they’re absolutely loaded with talent.

Judge, Stanton, Sanchez and Bird is a modern day murderers row.

I have a feeling that I’m going to be really obnoxious about it over the next few years.

Say it with me:

The Greatest Franchise in the History of Organized American Sports...

...strikes again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty