The Weather Outside Is F*****g Frightful

I was in Syracuse all through the day on Friday, but I had an eye on the weather reports for Buffalo.

Winter Weather Advisory

The three worst words in the English language, if you ask me.

I hate winter.

The freezing fingers, the long underwear, slipping on ice, did I mention the cold...

...and the worst part...

Driving in a weather advisory.

It’s 154 miles from door to door.

I started counting back early on into the trip, but I’d also mentioned that if things got bad I would bail and find a hotel.

100 miles left...

...I texted Home and asked about the weather. (Wasn’t texting and driving).

“Not bad,” was the answer.

Rochester, Batavia...all behind me...still clear.

I had 22 miles to do when I saw my first snowflake.

It was 6:09 p.m.

By 6:15, I was driving at 6 m.p.h., following the lights of the truck in front of me. Unable to see AT ALL!!!

In the next 45 minutes I traveled 7 miles.

I also prayed, sang “The Weather Outside Is F*****g Frightful” and nearly cried.

“I don’t want to die in a snowstorm!” I said to the inside of the car.

At 7:15 my beautiful wife texted:

“Stop at Tim Horton’s and grabbed me a frozen lemonade, please.” She wrote.

A f*****g frozen f*****g lemonade?

I came through the door at 7:41.

One hour and 32 minutes for 22 miles.

I’m not moving the car until Monday.

Why do we live here?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie