Dilly Dilly

If the wintry blast of this weekend is any indication, I’m going to be watching a lot of television.

I don’t want to drive on snowy roads at all anymore.

I’ll take the dogs to the corner to grab the paper, but after that, I’m in.

So, I have to get a few commercial aggravations off my chest.

I hate the one where the woman congratulates a man (her husband, I presume) for loading the dishwasher, and then she inspects his work.

“Nope, nuh-na, nada, not even close,” she says as the poor bastard stands there looking like a dope.

The commercial is for dish detergent and the narrator tells us that you can now put any dirty dish in there...

...without getting dressed down by the bitchiness of a condescending wife.

Seriously, look at the poor guy. He does everything but cry.

By the time she removed dish two on me I might have said:

“Stick those dishes...”

But the dilly-dilly beer commercial is funny.

Guy breaks out of a dungeon and buys beer on his escape, but returns.

“What’d I miss?” He asks the others being held captive.

Kinda’ funny.

Yet, the one that gets me and my beautiful wife laughing the most is the Jennifer Aniston dry eye one.

She’s deadly serious, explaining that she’s ashamed to tell her friends that she suffers (yeah, suffers) from dry eye.

I love her, of course. She’s a beautiful woman and a fine actress...

...but come on!

Suffering?

Poor Jen!

Damn dry eyes have her running into marble tables in her mansion, or on a yacht, I presume.

While we all have our crosses to bear...

...well, every time it comes on I’ll say:

“I pray she’s okay.”

“Maybe we can donate somewhere,” Kathy answers.

It’s been a tough go for Jen.

She used to play the suffering woman in the romantic comedies.

“I can’t find love!”

I’d imagine she could get a million guys to sign up for the chance to keep her happy.

Anywhoha...

I feel a little better.

Got some commercial angst off my chest...

...now can we do something about Randy Jackson judging the dog show one?

30 seconds of “I just don’t see it, dog,” is kinda’ annoying!

I’d cry if my eyes weren’t so dry.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie