Yogi


My favorite Yogi Berra memory comes courtesy of my Dad's cousin, Marion Fricano who pitched in the Major Leagues in the 1950's.

I was about ten years old when Marion told us the story of having struck out Yogi...

...once.

"He homered off me a few times though," Marion said. "He loved to hit pitches that were a mile out of the strike zone. I threw one that was over his head to try and strike him out and he hit it a mile."

I recall every second of that story and was in awe, of course.

Then I learned that Yogi was famous for being a bad ball hitter.

Yogi won 10 World series.

He's the all-time leader in World Series hits...

...by a mile.

He was funny.

But the best stat of his life?

He was married for 65 years!

RIP Yogi!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie