Little Indian Girl

Had a lot of driving to do yesterday and grew tired of Jenny McCarthy and didn't want to listen to Dr. Laura...so...

The Stones came to my Emotional Rescue.

That record came out when I was 13 years old.

It's still a great collection of songs.

I had it blasting!

The one song that I turned it down a little for was Little Indian Girl.

It's a strange song.

I remember thinking that same thing back when I was a new teenager.

Jagger is singing it in a drawl and the music is different.

It appears that Jagger, as the voice, is speaking to an Indian girl at a mission-type situation and he is telling the girl bad news about the character of her father.

The chorus of the song goes like this:

Lesson number one

Best to learn while you're young

Life just goes on and on getting harder and harder
Life just goes on and on getting harder and harder


When I was just a kid I can recall laughing at those words, wondering why an adult would tell a kid something like that.

Don't children deserve the chance to enjoy their lives for a little while before the grim reality hits them?

I laughed at the song as a 13-year old!

Now it's not the kind of song that you have listened to a thousand times through the years like Honkey Tonk Woman but I remembered every single line.

And I sang the chorus loud.

Lesson number one

Best to learn while you're young
Life just goes on and on getting harder and harder
Life just goes on and on getting harder and harder


And it wasn't that I was in a lousy mood...

...I wasn't being a Debbie Downer...

I was just accepting the chorus as truth.

It was no longer ironic as it was when I was 13.

That's kinda' sucky.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie