Love? Hate? P.T.S.D.


That's what I'm really trying hard to reconcile in my mind.

I was raised in a pretty strict Catholic environment.

The words displayed above mean a lot to me.

Yet through the years I have grown more confused by the religious beliefs of others.

I never confused hate with love when those nuns were beating the bejeebus out of me for being a wise-ass.

I know some people who really, really, really, really talk about faith and belief...

...and they look down their noses at people who don't act like they think they should act.

Isn't that non-Christian?

That's where my confusion lies.

People who are supposed to be following a love-based religion...

...really, really, really, really hate some people...

...who have been created the way they were by supposedly the same loving God.

Of course, I still have belief in what I believe.

Am I supposed to hate someone based on what I might believe, but don't know for sure to be true?

I don't think so.

That's what this quote is saying.

People spreading hate in the name of love should really think about how they are going about things.

But that's just my opinion.

What the hell do I know?

I still have P.T.S.D. from the paddle-wheeling nuns.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty