Sing-Along Songs

I'm not sure what my kids are going to do when they reach middle-age and beyond.

The songs they listen to don't lend themselves to flat-out singing in the car when no one else is watching.

My friend Kim posted a song on social media the other day - Triumph - Fight the Good Fight - and I not only instantly sang the song in my head, I started thinking about the best of the sing-along songs.

My list is a little embarrassing.

1). Gordon Lightfoot - If You Could Read My Mind - that song could go on forever - I could just keep singing the lyric over and over. In fact Gord has a bunch of them - Her name was Ann, but I'll be damned if I recall her face.

2). Rick Springfield - Don't Talk to Strangers - Told you that it's embarrassing - it gets worse - I love this song though!

3). Willie Nelson - Always On My Mind - There used to be a girl I thought of when I sang this one. I remember her name, but I forget her face.

4). Barry Manilow - Mandy - Barry has a bunch of them because he wrote jingles that stuck in your head, but damn if you don't feel like crying about how he lost Mandy...and he's gay, right?

Shouldn't it have been Andy?

5). Paul Davis - I Go Crazy - I think that was his name - one hit - great song - damn I sing it loud and proud.

The thing about the sing-along song is that it kinda' sucks when it comes on and there are other people around.

Especially if it's my beautiful wife's sing-along song.

We all recall the moment.

The kids will never forget it.

It was horrible I tell you!

Just horrible.

Bonnie Tyler's Total Eclipse of the Heart.

In defense of my wife that is a difficult song to sing as loud as you can with your kids and your husband threatening to leap from the car onto the pavement below.

But she did it.

When she got to the Turn Around Bright Eyes part...

...there were real tears.

Not from her.

"That was easily the worst ten minutes of my life," Jake said, "And I had a massive tumor removed."

Sing your sing-along songs alone.

That especially means you, wifey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie