D.B.'s of the Week - 9/11 Morons

Two stories broke this week that made me really shake my head.

Remember Devo and the song "Whip It"?

My buddy Al DeCarlo loved that song - he'd walk around singing it all the time. I think the band made it's name from the video and the fact that they wore bowls on their heads for the video.

Well one of the guys from the band - Jerry Casale got married on 9/11 and in all matters that lacked taste they had a 9/11 themed wedding...including a twin towers cake and place settings in the shape of box cutters.

Really?

How dumb is that?

Did anyone involved in that wedding understand that thousands of people lost their lives that day?

That it is the worst day in this country?

That people are still suffering?

People who attended the wedding received box cutters as party favors!!!!

Is that funny?

I think Gerald & Krista should be whipped...I can only give them the D.B. of the Week...

...but the worst part is they have to split it with Comic Steve Rannazzisi who also had a 9/11 problem.

Rannazzisi had a real Brian Williams moment back in September of 2001.

He said he was working on the 54th floor of the second tower when the plane hit the first tower.

My kids watch the show that this guy is in...The League...and think he's a real funny guy.

He's also a D.B. of the Week winner!

Rannazzisi has since apologized saying that it was a story that he told and told and told as time went by.

Even though none of it was true!

He knew that he shouldn't keep telling it, but what the hell...it was a good story and got him attention.

What the hell is wrong with people?

Yeah, I continue to tell my kids that I was Jerry West, back in the day, and that after my NBA career I was a medic in Viet Nam:

"I've seen bad things, man."

But those are jokes!

Do these people think they're funny?

Here's to you, Gerald & Krista...may your wedded bliss not be tainted by those poor people who died...

...and to Steve...thank God you made it out alive.

Dopey Bastards.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie