Congrats to Diane & Karl


Mom was by last Sunday for sauce and we talked about her wedding anniversary that was due this week.

Mom and Dad were a month short of 50 years of marriage.

But like I told Mom...their marriage is still going strong...Dad is celebrating with her...somehow.

The photo that leads off the blog shows a couple that just celebrated #50.

Congrats to Diane and Mighty Karl!

It's funny, but I met Diane a long time ago when I was teaching a creative writing class. The class was a great time and was really memorable. I wish I had time to do that again.

Whenever I had a book signing, Diane came by to get a copy...soon enough Mighty Karl joined her and the friendship is still going strong.

These two are loyal people!

And it makes my day to catch a joke on social media from Karl and an update about life from Diane.

Karl is a fan of the 27-time World Champion Greatest Franchise in the History of Organized American Sports so we trade A-Rod jokes and mourn the close losses.

Diane still reads what I write...and for that I'm grateful.

The other day someone asked me how long I've been married.

I did the standard "way too long" joke and then thought about the fact that there truly people out there who are defending the sanctity of marriage by staying together through the highs and lows and putting the other person's needs right there with their own.

And when you consider marriage that's what it is all about:

Two people pledging to be loyal companions through the peaks and valleys of the rough terrain that life provides.

When one falls behind the other waits up for them to catch up.

That's the beauty of marriage and it makes me smile when I think about those who were able to negotiate the turns and make it through the dark days.

We may be redefining what the terms of marriage are...and that's okay...because it's really just about a couple of things:

Love and commitment.

Congrats, Diane & Mighty Karl.

50 more, please!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty