Never Broken

I've always enjoyed Jewel's voice.

There are a couple of her songs that I think are written so beautifully. Yet the thing that gets me about her is that when she sings with just a guitar, as she often does on the Howard Stern Show...

...I don't know...

just beautiful.

Anywhoha...

Jewel was also on Howard's show to discuss the new book that she wrote - a memoir about her life - and what an interesting life!

She grew up in Alaska, was homeless for awhile, traveled around with a father who was unpredictable and a mother who was a little crazy.

Men were always trying to pick her up...even when she was less than 10 years old, evidently...and she lived those early years with one thought pushing her forward:

That her soul could never be broken.

I ordered the book on Monday night and decided to read a few pages as I watched the Yankees.

225 pages later I grabbed my phone and left Jewel a note on Twitter.

This is what happened after that:

Me: Pack your bags. Jewel answered me on Twitter.

My Beautiful Wife: So why am I packing my bags. You get the hell out.

Me: I'm just saying.

My Beautiful Wife: (Playing along) What did she say?

Me: I wrote her a note telling her that I was enjoying her book and she answered quickly. She loves me.

My Beautiful Wife: What did she answer?

Me: She said 'Thanks.'

My Beautiful Wife: That does sound serious.

Me: She added a smiley face.

My Beautiful Wife: Get the hell outta' here.


Jewel answered me!

Never Broken.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie