The Future of Rock & Roll

I'm writing this at 12:53 a.m.

My ears are ringing.

I was simply blown away.


The Stones landed in Buffalo...and I was all set for a trip down memory lane...

...and they just simply blew me away.

I called Jumpin' Jack Flash as the opener.

That might have been the slowest song they played all night.

Sympathy for the Devil?

Are you freaking kidding me?

I kept thinking about how they played it in 69' and the Hell's Angels killed a guy while they were on stage.

Midnight Rambler?

The woman next to me confessed that she had seen the Stones for the first time in '72. She bought her ticket for the show this morning.

Her husband, who was a huge Stones fan had recently died.

She decided to come anyway.

We talked about a lot of things as the show played out. The one thing that we talked about the most is that:

Mick Jagger is an amazing human being.


"That's a long ways that he's running," she said. "He's older than me!"

And me too!

I hardly sat down and I truly did not expect that.

Brown Sugar.

You Can't Always Get What You Want.

Miss You.

Start Me Up.

Happy.

Before they Make Me Run.

Can You Hear Me Knocking!


Are you freaking kidding me???????

One song after another. Mick running. Charlie hammering on the drums. Ronny Wood playing the slide guitar....

...and Keith.


One of my favorite musicians of all-time...Keith.

Riff after riff.

And you know what?

The Buffalo crowd really made me smile.

Everyone was on their game.

We rocked it, bitches!


I just tell you...

...I've seen the future of rock and roll and it looked a lot like the past...

The Rolling Stones are the World's Greatest Rock and Roll Band.

Bruce is a better entertainer and writer...

...but the Stones are incredible.

Just incredible.

Blown away.

They were 100 times better than they were 34 years ago.

And that's simply amazing to me.

"I agree," the woman seated beside me, said. "I wish my husband had seen it."

"He did," I told her. "If there's a heaven, the Stones are in it."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie