A Little Break

So the 27-Time World Champion Greatest Franchise in the History of Organized American Sports - the New York Yankees - are in first place at the all-star break.

Just like I had it figured.

And after seeing my brother and his family traipsing around Italy...and after seeing the Stones and being inspired...I was happy to take a day off from the usual routine.


It's hard to get a day in the summer but the hours have been long...gotta' do it or burn-out happens.

So Pops and I hit the course.

And man, it was beautiful.

We talked about the Buffalo Bills players being stupid on social media. We hit on their new OL coach punching out a kid on a beach in Florida...

...and we took a few swings.

I achieved par on a couple of early holes and was really having a good time...when I hit my drive on 11 and felt my back go.

I thought of my beautiful wife warning me:

"Why don't you just rest a day?"

I did some deep-knee bends (for me that isn't terribly deep).

"You all right?" Pops asked.

I scored par on the next two holes.

Seriously.

He was laughing at me.

But the summer sky is unbelievable to me.

A day of rest is actually shooting well on a beautiful golf course.

We had lunch at the 19th hole and I ordered a bag of ice for my back.

To be fair, Pops birdied the massive final hole so he was feeling pretty good about things, but his ass got soundly whooped by the guy who keeps it in the fairway.

A perfect mini-break.

The Yanks are off until Friday as well.

No baseball for me.

It's the All-Star break.

We all need down time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie