A Week On the Run

The prison break got me thinking about having to spend time running through the woods, trying to evade escape.

If it were me they would have found me at the end of the driveway out of the joint saying:

"I got something in my shoe."

I am not a tough guy when it comes to such stuff.

In fact, I really don't get the whole camping gig.

People work hard their whole lives to be able to buy a home where they have heat when it's cold, air conditioning when it's hot, and a soft place to lie down.

And then...

...some people buy a camper and head out into the woods.

To sleep on a smaller, harder bed.

To use a tiny toilet...or pee near a stream.

To smell like a fire.

Nope.

Never got that.

When the kids were young we used to spend a few days at a campsite near an amusement park.

I loved it because I spent a lot of time cooking with a couple of buddies. We drank a lot of beer. Told stories and laughed.

We hardly slept.

My beautiful wife didn't sleep at all.

And that's when I knew it was going to end.

She wasn't enamored with the shared showers or sleeping right beside three dopey kids.

We stopped going.

I thought about those two prisoners running through the woods in a great game of deadly hide and seek.

They were breaking into cabins.

Eating whatever they could find.

Trying to stay a step ahead.

The manhunt wouldn't have lasted very long if my wife and I had performed the daring escape.

"I haven't played Candy Crush in days," my wife would say as they re-cuffed her.

"My back and legs are killing me," I'd mention.

"You only made it 40 feet," the cop would answer.

Back to our cells.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie