"Dummy"

So, despite my best efforts not to do it I stepped into a little bit of a political discussion this weekend when I read that Donald Trump had denounced John McCain as a war hero.

As said here before, Donald entertains me.

I've listened to him rant on a lot of subjects and while he can make me laugh...he also makes me think about things from a different angle as well.

Reading that Trump would rather celebrate soldiers who aren't captured...made me a little ill.

I quickly posted that his comments were embarrassing...and I stepped into the slippery slope of a political debate that was, as they all are, misguided.

People who really, really, really want to vote for Trump quickly jumped to the defense of an absolute string of indefensible comments.

Donald called McCain "dummy."

Really.

Dummy.

Remember when you were in the 2nd grade and one of your classmates called you a 'dummy'?

(Come on...it couldn't have only happened to me!)

It was quickly handled by the teacher who reprimanded the other boy.

"We don't call other people names here!"

Seriously.

McCain was a prisoner of war.

He was captured...

...detained...

...and refused to give in.

Then:

He had to put up with Sarah Palin!

Now I don't know enough about why Donald is so angry with McCain.

Immigration?

The horrific treatment of veterans?

Choose better words!

I can hear my beautiful wife saying that to our children as they grew and said goofy things.

Choose better words, Donald.

'Dummy' isn't nice.

In fact, it might be said that someone who might choose to go that route...

....might...

...in fact...

...be a dummy.

McCain should have done it.

He should have tweeted:

"I'm rubber and you're glue."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie