Pluto

"If you're seeing a cardiologist, you may want to leave the room," the principal scientist Alan Stern said as he opened up the news conference regarding the discoveries made as the NASA spacecraft returned photos of Pluto.

Man, scientists are geeks!

Stern went on to explain that there are layers of haze!

That the temperatures on Pluto are minus 380 degrees and that ice flows like glaciers!!!

Holy crap...I can hardly settle down!

And now I know that there are reasons why it is mind-boggling to some people to make these discoveries.

(I watch the Big Bang Theory).

But what does any of it mean to any of us?

There are ponds of frozen nitrogen!!!!

An underground ocean might be there!!!

Seriously.

Does any of this change your life?

And here's the thing about that there science stuff.

I ain't smart enough to get it.

It took 9 and a half years for the spacecraft to travel 3 billion miles to get the first close-up look of Pluto.

(When I think of Pluto...you know what I picture in my mind, don't you?)

"To see such recent ice flow activity is simply a dream come true," Stern said.

Really?

That's what he dreams about?

Ice flow on Pluto?

A mountain range that rivals the Rocky Mountains?

What does any of it mean to us?

No one here will ever realize our dreams of learning all about Pluto.

My constant thought being that the money spent for such a set of mind-boggling photos may have been better spent to...oh I don't know...feed some starving people here.

But what the hell do I know?

I'm not smart enough to figure it all out.

I read the articles.

My heart didn't skip even a single beat.

There's ice on Pluto!

My Lord!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie