Smiles All Around

I stopped in at the kick-ball tournament in memory of Cathy George in the great town of North Collins on Saturday and what amazed me more than anything else was that every single person I talked to...

...was smiling.


As I do each year I stopped to look at the wall that honors the past winners.

And then I bought a few tickets for the outstanding auction:


I even tried to win this:


So I could give it it's proper burning.

But what is cool about growing up in a small town is that you can't truly walk fifty feet without running into a friend....

...and they are great friends, by the way.

I even had an 'in' with the guy who spins records each year.


Rick played Glory Days as soon as he saw me and then he went on a string of Stones hits that nearly made me move like Jagger.

I had some laughs with a whole bunch of people and I watched a little of the very competitive games.

I wish I could've hung around a little longer, but my dopey kids had things happening.

What's awesome is that the event gets bigger and bigger every single year.

Cathy would certainly be smiling at all those who are out there trying to kick the ball.

And...

...she'd fit right in.

Everyone was smiling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie