Triple Crown!

American Pharoah won the triple crown.

I'm surprised the horse didn't get to the podium to announce:

"I'm the best."

But it's weird.

We like to see things in our lifetime, right?

Carl Yastrzemski won the Triple Crown in baseball in 1967.

I can remember thinking that it was going to be really tough to see someone do that again. Who would ever lead the league in batting average, home runs and RBI's?

But it happened when Miguel Cabrera did it a few years ago.

The horse racing Triple Crown was last done in 1978.

Year after year a horse won the first two legs only to lose the Belmont.

Well...we have a winner!

Did you watch any of the races?

Me neither.

I remember going to one of those horse thingies in Richmond, Virginia a long while ago.

The horses weren't running around the track, but were jumping and showing...

...What the hell do you call that?

Anywhoha...

"Aren't they beautiful?" the girl I was with kept asking.

But I just kept wondering:

"Do the horses really want to do that?"

And does the Triple Crown winner actually know what he accomplished.

Does he get extra carrots?

Does he wonder why all the horse chicks are suddenly digging him?

Of course, I may eventually start watching a horse do something someday as Springsteen's daughter is trying out to be an Olympic Equestrian.

That's it!

Equestrian!!!

I'll be a horse expert in no time if they let Bruce open up the event with a two-hour set.

Triple Crown.

We won't see it again in the rest of my lifetime.

Unless someone does it next year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie