Simply Amazed

Dylann Roof doesn't deserve grace.

He walked into the Emmanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church and sat down with a whole group of people who didn't know him, but they accepted him with nods and smiles.

Moments later he gunned a lot of them down.

Roof wanted to start a race war with his actions.

For a long time, on Thursday, America digested the news and certainly prayed that it wouldn't happen.

I even wrote a blog yesterday that said:

"This is it. It doesn't get any better."

Then I read the CNN post for the story on Friday:

You hurt a lot of people, but God forgives you and I forgive you.

That was just one of many quotes from people who heard the news that a loved one had been killed.

May God have mercy on you.

These aren't leaders of the church...

...these aren't government leaders calling for peace...

These are people consumed in grief...in the courtroom...standing in front of this kid...and saying:

We forgive you.

That is simply amazing to me and it probably is to you.

My life is certainly family centered. There's nothing that I wouldn't do for my siblings, my cousins, certainly for my wife and children.

Forgive someone who slaughtered a family member?

Certainly not 48 hours after it happened.

48 years maybe.

But that's the amazing thing about faith.

That's the miraculous thing about grace.

It's there when you don't expect it...

...and with it you can change the world.

My heart fills with compassion for those poor grieving people.

My mind fills with thoughts of admiration.

Amazing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie