Caitlyn: I Don't Care

Have you heard about Bruce Jenner?

He's now Caitlyn Jenner.

I'm not sure if you heard that news or not.

Holy crap!

Let's say it all together now:

Who Cares?

And here I go now...get ready to be offended somehow...

But there are points to be made here.

1). It does not deserve the congressional medal of honor for bravery.

Sorry.

I get that it is shining light on the issue of transgender equality. I also understand that he was a well known person before she became a well known one.

I also get that standing up in front of the world to make such an announcement could be nerve-wracking, but at the end of the day...there were a lot of folks who did it first.

While it may be important to the acceptance of transgender people...it is not the bravest thing ever. Give me a soldier who saved fellow soldiers...or a doctor who saves lives...or Jackie Robinson.

2). It does not make me weep that Caitlyn is now happy.

Bruce Jenner was just one person out of billions, right. I'm happy that she is now happy, but again...it's her life. There are so many people out there living brave, lonely, scared, miserable lives. I just don't care enough to get weepy thinking that the world has changed based on Caitlyn's courage...

...because...

3). The world hasn't changed.

People who were bigots yesterday will be bigots tomorrow. People who were accepting yesterday will be accepting tomorrow. I don't see a middle-aged man in the Bible Belt thinking to himself:

'Huh. Maybe I was wrong about my bigoted ideals before.'

Transgender people are in the same boat they were in before the Vanity Fair article hit the stands. People don't just change their way of thinking...they don't.

4). Speaking of Vanity Fair...Caitlyn isn't now the most attractive woman in America!

The talk show hosts who are fawning over how pretty Caitlyn is...may be aggravating me most of all. Those photos are certainly doctored. Her hands are still big. She's 65-years old. She still looks like Bruce Jenner.

In any regard...it is still tough to handle because...

5). It still takes some getting used to.

I don't care how tolerate or intolerant you are...there's still an adjustment to be made to change the thinking of everyone in the world here.

It is still a bit shocking.

It is still a bit disconcerting to some people.

Others believe that it is a perversion and a sin of epic proportions.

Others are standing and cheering.

Me?

I don't care!

I recall Bruce Jenner on the Wheaties box after the Olympics.

I didn't watch the stupid show with his big-ass daughters.

But I'm over it...

...her life is no more important than the life of anyone actually reading this blog.

There are reports that Jenner will now be worth about $500 million dollars.

Yet brave, courageous, world-changing, prettiest woman ever?

I'm just not sure of all that.

I don't begrudge the decision.

I don't care how she lives her days.

I just don't care to see it every single time I turn around.

Good luck, Caitlyn.

I don't really care.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty