A Historic Week

One of the escapees was shot and killed.

There were terror attacks on 3 continents.

The Affordable Care Act was deemed constitutional again...after about the 30,000th challenge.

And same-sex marriage became the law of the land.

Quite a week, huh?

It's a funny thing about history...it doesn't seem historic at the very moment when it's happening and in this fast-paced world...our attention span is sort of short.

Everything is the greatest this or the worst that...

...but this week will linger, I believe.

On the healthcare and same-sex marriage decisions alone there will be long-term ramifications.

Good or bad?

That's up to you, I guess.

It's also up to history to show us what way the cookie crumbles.

But you know what?

I basically missed all of it.

I spent the week in my own sort of turmoil as the worst part of my job reared its ugly head. I had to assist in an incident review that cost a man, a good man, his life.

An accident.

And I can't even begin to express the toll that it takes on all involved.

Emotionally it's horrific.

I knew, all week long, that I was just one of about a couple hundred people who was suffering because of the accident.

And by the end of the week I was searching for answers to questions that have no answer.

Yet I reached a conclusion of sorts.

I clung to those in my family.

We celebrated Sam's birthday.

We headed out to see Ted 2.

We went to dinner and Sam was my eating partner as we decided:

Life's too short to not eat steak and lobster.

(Thank God I have a boy who likes to eat those things - and his steak is rare as well - he joins a long line of Fuzzy men).

At the movie we laughed a lot.

Thank God for Seth McFarland.

And on the way home, we shared our favorite jokes and laughed some more.

The Yankees, pasta, rest and a prayer or two.

Even when history is being made and even when life rears its ugly head...

...it all comes back to finding a little soft spot in the middle of the hard road...

...to just lie down and rest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie