You Gotta' Have Heart

So Dick Cheney has a brand new heart to poison.

But man, it's a tough crowd. The Twitter land was alive with tweets about the fact that this life-saving procedure involved replacing a heart that attacked the man five times beginning at the age of 37. Now that he's 71 some people are questioning the sensibilities of giving a man his age a transplant.

Now that Cheney has his heart maybe they can get W his brain.

One article that I read questioned whether or not Cheney was bumped ahead of others on the list who had: A). Been waiting longer or B). Had less available cash to donate.

Either way...he's still a relatively young man. The new heart may allow him to live anywhere from 5 to 12 more years. Even knowing that is the best of all case scenarios is a little scary. Don't you want more than 12 years, no matter what age you are? As quickly as time seems to pass...

I hope they threw his old heart into a volcano.

I don't know if there was ever a man so polarizing. When I think back on his days at the forefront I prefer to think of all the happy times:

Like when he shot his hunting partner in the face.

Like when he told the man on the floor of congress to go &*$K himself.

All of those warm speeches he extended to a struggling American public.

His anti-gay stance right in the face of his family's struggle to come to grips with such a thing.

As an organ donor is there a box I can check that restricts me from donating parts to keep Cheney alive?

Yet if Cheney was a member of my own family I would be crushed by such an out crying of ridicule in the face of something so life-threatening. I'm sure that he's a man who loves his children and his grandchildren, his country and his money.

Not necessarily in that order.

Sort of hoping that Dick Cheney's old lungs, kidneys and liver band together to beat the shit out of his new heart.

I do wish him a full 12 or even 15 years. Like I've said, I'll dwell on the good times.

After all, we all need to take heart, somewhere along the way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie