Robertson Burning a Doobie

Saw that Pat Robertson has made news by saying that they should legalize marijuana.

Who keeps going to this guy for quotes?

Not that his statement is crazy, but really, why the hell are we interviewing him? He rarely makes sense, but we see him on all the shows, spouting useless crap about all sorts of topics. How does one get to be one of the go-to-guys in the world?

You think it has anything to do with money?

And of course, he has swindled money from all sorts of desperate people who are trying to buy their eternal salvation. Safe to say that I'm not a big Robertson fan.

Yet back to his point. Should pot be legalized?

Isn't it already sort of there anyway? People in California can get a pot prescription for stubbing their toe, and when the cops make an arrest involving pot it's sort of treated like a quick roll through a stop sign. Pay a fine, go on your way.

It don't matter to me either way, I guess. There are enough people getting pissed up on the weekends and getting behind the wheel of their car. I'm also of the opinion that if you take everything away from everybody we'd all stand out on our front lawns spinning in a circle until we get dizzy and fall down.

Getting baked is the same as getting hammered or eating yourself into a diabetic coma. It's done in the spirit of chasing away the bad shit that traipses through all of our lives.

Want to turn yourself into Tommy Chong on the weekend?

I don't care. Just don't run me over with your car.

I've never been a fan of smoking anything. I've never even finished a cigarette in my life. It always seemed pretty rough, like standing in front of a campfire and pulling it straight into your lungs. I used to have an occasional cigar during a poker game, but I haven't played poker in ten years so you see how that's going.

Yet Robertson did say something interesting to me. He said that the war on drugs hasn't worked.

You think?

It's way too big of a business to ever stop. In this day and age of instant communication and photos from the sky don't you think they'd be able to wipe out a 300-acre pot farm if they wanted to? Hell, they can see me picking my nose at the computer.

So maybe taxing the product is the way to go. Cigarettes are about twenty bucks a pack now, and there is a sin tax on all sorts of shit. Imagine the taxes they can charge on an 8-ball that you want to get for your kid's graduation party.

Why the hell not?

How much worse can it get?

There's a shooting every day somewhere in this country. We are all broke. No one has much hope in economic equality.

Why not keep the masses stoned?

If it passes, I'm buying stock in Doritos.




Comments

deafjeff said…
Oh, Mr. I've never even finished a cigarette. Going through a roll of Copenhagen a week is the same damn thing! Legalize that shit! I feel a bad case of glaucoma coming on!
Cliff Fazzolari said…
Just the smoke that bothers me...not the same damn thing, you dopey bastard

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty