Seamus

I had to eventually get around to the story of Seamus, didn't I?

Mitt Romney is running for president, of course, and by all accounts he appears to be one helluva' nice rich guy. They are, as per usual, trying to dig up dirt on him. As is the method of operation in politics there is no stone left unturned.

Romney once told a story about strapping his dog's cage to the top of the roof for a family vacation because the car was too full. Evidently the dog got sick somewhere along the way and the evidence of his stomach problems rolled down the back window of the family station wagon.

People are up in arms with Romney for being so cruel to his dog.

I just think that's funny. Actually the whole story has a funny Aunt Edna quality to it.

I am a dog lover. I take the 'Melkman' and 'Par-Par' for a ride every morning. It's getting to the point that they would also like a ride after dinner. With the price of gas at four bucks a gallon I must be the only dumb bastard driving the dogs around the block looking for squirrels.

I can almost hear the argument that Romney faced as he took the kids on vacation.

"We can't leave Seamus home!"

"What are we going to do with Seamus?"

"Can he go, Dad, please!!!"

So Mitt - and I still haven't really figured out who else in the world has the name Mitt - (it's as bad as Clifford) - Mitt gave in. He probably tied the heck out of that cart and really thought it would be all right.

I guess traveling down the highway in a crate as the car goes 60+ MPH is bad for digestion but who knew that? After all, Mitt and Chevy Chase were the only two guys hip enough to try such a thing...but Aunt Edna was dead, after all.

Anyway, it happened 25 years ago. By all accounts it isn't what did Seamus in and really shouldn't carry much weight in whether or not Mitt is more qualified than Obama, but it will.

There are tee-shirts printed that beg for justice for Seamus.

There is an anti-Mitt element to one group that is solely against what he did to his dog.

"It shows he's not one of us," one guy said. "If he can do that to his dog, it just shows he only cares about himself."

That might be a bit of a stretch there, but who ever said politics are fair. People voted for the village idiot twice because they wanted to have a beer with him.

Anyway, I have to do a bit more research on the matter. On one of our recent trips around the block, as I went about five MPH I pointed out a couple of squirrels looking for their nuts.

"Get the squirrel, Paris!" I said.

Paris jumped out the window, hit the ground face first and immediately chased after the squirrels.

I hope no one was watching...it could ruin my chances to be the most powerful man in the world.

Comments

deafjeff said…
Well Mitt's real first name is Willard, so I don't which is worse.
Anonymous said…
That was a rat, wasn't it? No wonder he changed it

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie