Here We Go!

Thursday and Friday are two of the good days of the year - NCAA hoops.

As luck might have it, my back has really been acting up. I probably shouldn't have been trying to visit too many sites for work, but I'm a little crazy that way.

Yet, on Thursday, I spent some time in the office. I got there at tip-off time.

Go figure.

My family is involved. We have all filled out our pools. We also continue to pay homage to my brother's idea as we took a night to draw names out of the hat.

I can't tell you how much all of the betting cost me. I need to win just to cover my costs.

I do love this time of year. The college teams are really enthusiastic. The geek in me loves circling the winners and crossing out the losers.

Sam is beside me doing the exact same thing.

I think of all the great games through all the years. Valvano in 1983. Duke winning with Grant Hill, Patrick Ewing on Georgetown, Michigan and the Fab Five. Year after year.

The only problem is that my beautiful wife's birthday falls on this weekend. It always does, of course, at least there's one difference as the years pass:

Now I'm not the only one with one eye on the games as we celebrate her birthday.

Now we can all ignore her equally.

Comments

John said…
You could go to dinner with your wife and watch the game on your lap. The guy in the commercial does it and you have a better phone than he does!
Cliff Fazzolari said…
hate that commercial!!! I might have mentioned it.
Gag said…
LOL. Everytime i see that commercial i think of how much you hate it. Summoner!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie