Graduation Party

I'd never actually cooked for a hundred people before. Yet I wanted to do it that way because my Mom and Dad really went all out for our graduation parties and why the hell not, right?

As it turns out, I can do it. We had plenty to eat, drink and a lot of fun in the sweltering heat.

I swear to God during the next rainstorm I'm going to run outside and yell thank you to the sky. It's been that long.

Remind me of this in February, would you?

Yet the day had a Fuzzy party feel to it. Peppers were featured on the menu and the pasta was gone as usual.

As I cooked, I listened to my I-pod. Certain Springsteen songs always bring a tad of sadness as I spend hours alone, but yesterday it was Sinatra that did the trick.

My Dad was 44 when I graduated from high school.

A blink of an eye later and I'm down there cutting up the garlic and onions.

I remember being amazed at the way my parents put a party together.

I'm pretty sure Matt was amazed last night.

Of course, a graduation party is also about chasing down kids that come in and making sure that they act responsibly.

Thank God my beautiful wife was on top of her game. She made sure that every kid was safe. Thank god for mothers, huh? If Dad's were in charge there'd be complete chaos.

One of the kids sat next to me to chit-chat.

Dad and Grandpa made their presence well know when I told the kid to beat it.

But they were decent, respectful kids. Too bad the old dogs whipped their asses in hoops.

Yep, I threw a few in.

Anyone want to help clean up this mess?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie