BREAKING NEWS! I WAS WRONG!!

I almost didn't listen to the interview.

That's how closed-minded I am.

I figured that Lady Gaga was all about style and that there wasn't any substance. People tried to tell me that I should give Eminem a shot and I did and almost pulled off my ears listening to that crap.

What in the world would make me think Lady Gaga had any talent?

And to imagine that I never...ever...heard one of her songs.

Where am I going to hear them? On my Bruce/Stones filled I-pod? On the last John Mellencamp or Tom Petty CD?

So, Stephanie was on the Howard Stern Show today.

And the interview started and I thought to myself, "Hmm, she's not an idiot."

And the more she talked, the more I liked. She was playful, honest and heartfelt.

What the hell was happening here?

So Howard asked her to sing...right after he found out she wasn't wearing a bra.

And she told the story of her grandfather dying. She took us through the process of why she wrote the song Edge of Glory.

I was hooked.

Yet I had arrived at my destination. Should I not ruin it by listening to her sing?

And then she sang.

And I got Bruce-bumps.

What a voice! What lyrics!

And no bra!

Wow! I was wrong.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie