Eat Your Peas

There's a pretty famous story in Fazzolari folklore. As you see, I hated peas when served without macaroni surrounding them. My Dad and I really disagreed on whether I should eat them or not.

I lost.

I ate the entire bowl and pushed it defiantly away.

"How were they?" he asked.

"Friggin' great!"

"Good, have some more."

Last night I watched two news stories. That's two too many.

The first was about the budget or raising the ceiling, or debt. It's funny but the reporter said that the two factions of the country are at war over how the bill shall be paid. One side wants the burden to be handled by the middle and lower class so that the upper class can hang onto their money to generate jobs, or build a lake home and re-up their country club memberships.

The other sides wants the people that work for a living to pay the entire burden so that others can sit at home and sponge off the system...or do something crazy like eat.

Either way, Obama used the phrase: "It's time to eat our peas."

The payments are due.

Not sure how it'll all work out, but it dovetails into our second story.

The obesity rate in New York State now stands at 24% of the citizens! What a bunch of fat bastards!

They were showing citizens, waist-down, so as to not embarass them, and I was sitting there going...'He's way bigger than me...she's bigger than me...look at that one!'

The reporter explained that the rate was up from just 9% ten years ago.

Are these stories connected?

"We need to eat more greens," a diet technician stated.

See, Dad was right all along.

"Eat your peas!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie