Shut the Front Door

For years we listened to the cast of Friends doing the "Oh....My...God!" Expression everytime something weird happened.

Lately there's the absolutely annoying show, "How I Met Your Mother" and the timeless, "Wait for it". I cringe every single time I hear that one. Maybe because I hate the show so much. It's senseless as far as I can tell.

Of course, there is my all-time cringe-bringing expression, "Okie-Dokie" but I don't have a say in stopping that one anymore. My wife and mother-in-law say it constantly to one another. You haven't lived until you hear them go through their little routine.

"Oakie-Dokie?" My mother-in-law will ask.
"Oakie-Dokie!" my wife will respond.

And I sit there, gritting my teeth.

Yet it has gotten even worse around the house lately because my beautiful wife has also picked up another dizzying expression and the kids have joined me in hating this one:

"Anywho-ha," she says.

I'm not kidding. Ten times during the course of the day, whenever there's a lapse in conversation my beautiful wife will say, "Anywho-ha."

Evidently she picked up the habit from one of her nursing friends. I can imagine their conversations:

"So, oakie-dokie?"
"Oakie-dokie! Anywho-ha?"
"Anywho-ha, indeed!"

Here's hoping that intelligent life elsewhere is listening in on their discussion.

But recently, as well, I have been hearing an expression that if done right, sounds like a curse phrase, "Shut the front door."

I first heard Jake say it and he was so quick with the word that I nearly screamed at him. Then I heard it again in a movie and I laughed. Now its in a commercial.

"Shut the front door."

I haven't yet tried it in casual conversation because I swear enough to just use the expression that it sounds like.

But its world's better than oakie-dokie, or wait for it, or oh...my...God!

Anywho-ha...

...on with the day.

Comments

Gag said…
Is that "Oakie-Dokie" or "Okie-Dokie"?

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie