Kicking Through TV Shows

Lets see what's on the tube, shall we?

The new Arthur movie doesn't look great to me. I like Russell Brand, but no one will ever beat Dudley Moore in that role. Who didn't love that movie? Even Liza Minelli looked good then. Remember when his mother told him: Arthur grow-up!...Dudley Moore, playing a great drunk: That's easy for you to say, you don't have a closet full of small suits.

Hopefully, its all right. Can't see why they don't make new movies about new characters...watch a romantic comedy...same damn plot line every time.

Just saw Dick Clark on Bloopers as I was passing through. He was about 50 in the show that was on. It was hard to tell though because he always seemed to be the same age. Not anymore. His annual appearance on the New Year's Eve show is disconcerting. His countdown makes you feel like taking your own life rather than celebrating getting a year closer to your own demise.

Can't someone put a stop to Dick making appearances? I wish him health and many more years, but I don't want to see him. Same with Kirk Douglas.

Now Roseanne. Have you seen her lately? She's lost like two people, gone grey and put on glasses. She looks like an intellectual now. But I'm watching the old show...John Goodman was great. Their parenting was a little off, but I laugh every episode. The two Becky's confused me though.

Sports highlights. There's Victor Martinez rounding the bases after hitting a homer as the Tigers get spanked by the 27-time World Champion Yankees. Martinez crosses home plate, taps his chest, points skyward and gives the glory to God. Why does that bug me so much?

I don't mind that Martinez has faith. I don't care that he feels like he should acknowledge that faith after doing his job, but why the demonstration? Is he trying to convince me that if I promise to point skyward that I too can hit a fastball over a wall? And if he is acknowledging a lost loved one? Again, can't do that in silence?

I love commercials and the blatant attempt to show diversity in every single ad. There are always two white guys with a black guy, a Asian girl and a Hispanic comic foil. It just is weird to be able to point it out in commercial after commercial. Not sure how I feel about it...just notice it a lot.

I hate the talking heads. Now I know how the Bush-mongers felt about Dubya being criticized at every turn. The constant arguing is irritating at best. I actually hate even trying to discuss anything political at all. Just hate, hate, hate. I hate it.

Finally, more reports on school budget cuts as states get tough. All out of money...suck it up kids! I don't get it. I've always been of the opinion that money is best spent at home. How much have these endless wars cost us? We certainly could keep soccer on the agenda at the local school if we just sat on the sidelines for one of the battles.

Ah what the hell do I know?

I'm just a worn-out gimp, watching tv, and counting down to the next pain pill.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie