Absolutely Everything Sucks

I have reached the everything sucks stage in my surgery recoup. Let's go through the paces together, huh?

I really had no idea what to expect the day after surgery. Being that I am extremely slow-minded, I thought I'd miss one day and hobble through the rest of last week. As discussed here, just plain dumb.

So, I rested. Four days of ice, elevate, Fresh Prince, baseball, hockey, NCAA, more baseball. I got so sick of sports at one point that I watched a Lifetime movie about a real sinister guy who preys on the love of a young girl...it was good. I was shouting at the screen.

Through it all, Melky has been by my side. Threatening anyone who comes to visit my room with immediate expulsion.

So, I was ready to go yesterday morning. Out of bed early and off to a work gig. I promised the nurse (Kathy) I'd do one visit and come back home. In the back of my mind, I thought I'd sneak in two, perhaps three visits. Halfway through the first meeting, I knew I was done. The leg was like a piece of granite.

Had I done something wrong? In the afternoon I called the doctor. When I told him it still hurt, he laughed. "It's supposed to," he said.

The information-sharing was still not enough for me. I googled post-op information for the type of tear removal that I'd had.

I wasn't supposed to take off the brace. I wasn't supposed to be on it day one. Now I could do a little walking, but not much. I should consider a return to work after two weeks, but full activity could take six. My leg would feel like granite until at least two weeks.

So, now I know.

I have not been a very good patient. Sort of like the Bubble Boy in the Seinfeld episode. I wonder why the kids aren't visiting. Yet I see how it goes for a patient. There is a lot of mis-directed anger. It makes me wonder why anyone in their right mind would want to be a nurse.

So, yesterday everything sucked. (Except the Yankees - they won again).

Today, things will be different. I will be more like Kelly Ripa who is on right now. I will be a ray of sunshine to everyone who crosses my path.

Problem is, no one wants to visit the bubble boy anymore after yesterday's mood.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie