A Prayer for Healing

For according to Mark 11:23–24, Jesus says, “Truly I tell you, if you say to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ and if you do not doubt in your heart, but believe that what you say will come to pass, it will be done for you. So I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.”

Late last night my sister-in-law called us with more bad news from the hospital in the care of our nephew Jake. Another setback. Another devastating wave of tears, sadness and extreme fear. I know the feeling all too well, and I shriveled inside myself, wishing that there was Jameson's in the house.

Five minutes later, I was on the computer. My sons had posted on their Face Book accounts.

"Say a prayer for Jake Brotz. He's in the hospital and he really needs it."

I wandered the house for a minute, trying to make a little sense. I thought of Jake; a good man by all accounts. Just 29 years old. Two beautiful, happy, wonderful children, and a loving wife. Parents, grandparents, siblings, friends, cousins, aunts, and uncles all shaking their heads in disbelief.

Come on, God! Really! Why? How? Are you kidding me?

Jake's never done anything but try and make his way.

But I know the darkness that living brings. In fact, I slipped straight into the negative thoughts of utter despair. It's still so raw in my heart that I can't even walk through those hospital doors to sit with the rest of a close family.

My son Sam's simple message, however, told me where to center my energies. I said a prayer for my young nephew, and through the night, my mind went back to it. A long, self-serving plea to God to keep that family intact.

I thought of those gathered at the hospital. The waves of regret, the sleeplessness, the shock, the confusion, the disbelief, the begging, the pleading, the bad coffee, more tears, and prayers, and prayers and prayers.

There is nothing wrong with trying to center the energy away from the negative. This family needs some positive energy. If you get a moment today, send some of those positive spirits to a sick man who needs your help. What else is there to do?

My 10-year old son reminded me, that its all controlled by someone with a much higher rank.

For according to Mark 11:23–24, Jesus says, “Truly I tell you, if you say to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ and if you do not doubt in your heart, but believe that what you say will come to pass, it will be done for you. So I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.”

Hang in there Jake.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty