Just a Woman in Love

Back in 1988 I found myself working in New Haven, Ct. My brother John was assigned to Hartford, Ct., for a couple of weeks, so being that my brothers and sisters have always been my best buddies, we got together on a weekend for a little food, and a few beers.

It's funny, but I remember that weekend because we laughed our asses off. First we cooked steak on the grill, while we drank a few beers. Then we watched the Yankee game, while we drank a few beers, and finally, we played cards (guess along) while we drank a few beers.

While we were playing cards we put on some music - Bruce, of course, Stones, Who, Dire Straits - the rock and roll favorites. I distinctly recall one moment however, when the tape ran out. I ran off to the fridge and the head, and John found the next tape to play.

He hit the button just as I entered the room. Barbara Streisand's voice filled the room. Now you must remember, we were drinking beers as fast as we could open them. Also, John is the strongest guy in the world and a little on the edge of things.

"That's right," he said when I looked at him as if he lost his mind. "I love her voice."

We laughed all the way through a few of the songs, but there was also a reason why he found the tape - I love her voice too.

Today I sang along with A Woman in Love - I defy you to listen and not try and sing with her. I have it on my I-Pod.

I was driving down the road, concentrating on the sound of her wonderful voice, and trying not to sing the words clearly enough for the guy in the next car to read my lips.

The version of the song I have is from a studio recording and the voice is isolated so that you can hear her sing each and every word.

American Idol that...she has a wonderful voice...and I wasn't drinking a thing today.

PS...By the way, if John reads this blog, I'm going to get pummeled to a bloody pulp.

PSS...nothing funnier than to hear my wonderful wife try and match Barbara note for note!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie