I Never Did the Things I Thought I Would

Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse?

That's a Bruce question from The River, but it is also a question that has hammered men a lot better than me.

We all have dreams.

Have your dreams measured up?

I will turn 46 tomorrow. Am I where I wanted to be? Is this all there is? Are these the dreams we dreamed?

Okay, let's answer the questions that I've posed in such an elaborate fashion.

1). I'm 46. I feel pretty good. A creaky knee, but I'm alive. That's where it begins and ends right now. Check.

2). I have three healthy children who all have wonderful imaginations and dreams that challenge my own on a regular basis. Check.

3). I have two good dogs. No more explanation required. Good dogs. Check.

4). I have a great wife. 'She's no Kathy Fazzolari' hasn't become a slogan just because my wife is wonderful...she deserves it.

But did I do the things I Thought I would?

I've signed books in Atlanta, Buffalo, NYC and Chicago....

I've written 10 books...

I've been on the mountain top...

... and the valley floor...

Still not even close to being satisfied.

Will I ever do the things I thought I would?

Nah...new blog tomorrow.

Good night, Clifford.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie