What to Do? What to Do?

The 4th of July weekend is mere days aways and we are struggling with the idea of what to do. The boys want to head to New York City for the weekend with the promise of possibly meeting up with friends and a Yankee game hanging in the balance.

I'm sort of in for that, but I drive a lot during the week. Do we need to sit in the car for that long? Really?

I'm thinking a water park somewhere, with food cooked on a grill, a few beers with friends, and chasing the kids around. We used to go to a Six Flags Park each year for the 4th, but we stopped when the whole trip became too exhausting, but I'd be up for that sort of fun again.

Fun. In the words of Chevy Chase, "We're going to have so much %&*king fun we're going to be singing zippity-doo-da out of our ass---es."

No matter what happens there has to be some sort of fun had, right? Think of the 4th of July celebrations of your youth, for instance.

In the town where I grew up there used to be a festival of sorts with a parade, fireworks and lots of food and drink. It's the American way. We earned our Independence and we should celebrate it in style.

Hopefully a plan will come together. The entire weekend will be stress-free. My sides will hurt from laughing and over-eating, and the beer will be sweated out as fast as it goes in.

The party will consist of time spent with everyone I've ever loved. The free beer will be ice cold. The food will always be ready and it will have been cooked by someone else. And the kids won't even think of whining about being bored.

Don't laugh. It could happen...

... and my ass will sing...

Zippity-doo-da, zippity day, my oh my what a wonderful day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie