Favorite Quotations

From time to time I'm inspired by quotes to sort of lift me up and carry me through to the next day. After being worn out from clipping my toenails I settled in and read through a few:

For purposes of action nothing is more useful than narrowness of thought combined with energy of will. - Henri Frederic Amiel

So, you see, focusing on those toenails was what needed to be done. I'm now wearing a sock without a hole in the big toe.

Joy is a net of love by which you can catch souls.- Mother Teresa

I've been a fan of saying that love will teach you joy. Sort of a spin on that. Pretty hard to feel any joy without love. Spun the other way. Anyway you spin it the two words are certainly connected.

The quality,not the longevity, of one's life is what is important. - Martin Luther King Jr.

So true, right? There's a 100-year-old pedophile kicking around in the Buffalo jail system. Nice, long life. Why he is spared, or granted a long, long healthy life when others are lost way to freaking soon? Ironic that MLK Jr. lost his life at a relatively young age as well.

The grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do,something to love and something to hope for. Joseph Addison.

This Addison guy is all over the quotation books. I often wonder if he just sat around and thought up great things to say. How does one end up in a book of great quotes? Can you think of something grand that can be written down somewhere for all to read?

How does a great sentence turn into a lasting proverb? Is this something I can do?

Let's try:

'Tis better to clip the nail than tear through the sock.

Does that work?

Nah, maybe I'll think of something clever today. There's always hope. And without hope there's little chance for joy. And without joy how can there be love.

All right now. I'm losing my freaking mind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty