Too Good Looking

Just finished reading an article about a woman who was fired from a job at a New York City bank. She claims, in her lawsuit, that she was fired for being too good looking. It seems that when she dressed a certain way, or moved in a particular manner, she was distracting the other workers and her managers.

Let me tell you, I've been there.

And it isn't pretty. Through the course of my life I've been so tired of being treated like eye candy. Hell, it's horrible to have to defer the whistling whenever I bend over to tie my shoes.

Okay, maybe that particular scenario hasn't quite happened to me. Yet I found the article interesting for a couple of reasons.

First off, how does this woman hire a lawyer and explain the situation. Does she honestly feel comfortable speaking about how she was scoffed at and ridiculed because she's so freaking hot?

Again, hard to say, never really been in that situation, but I can imagine if I sat across from my lawyer and said, "I'd like to sue my employer because my boss makes me feel uncomfortable because he can't stop ogling me."

Secondly, there was a photo of the woman accompanying the article, and let me tell you, it was hard to turn away. I almost couldn't finish reading the article. She was stunning, and I imagine, in the middle of the morning, sitting behind my partition, with the donut cart already having passed through, my mind might wander a bit when she uses the copier in my line of vision.

The woman claims she was asked to dress down. No high heels, no tight dresses, nothing showing a lot of her leg.

God, she has wonderful legs.

Her bosses never took her ideas seriously, she said. She felt victimized, brutalized and humiliated by their leering looks.

Waaaah! I'm too freaking hot!

I don't know. Perhaps there is merit to this woman's suffering. The bank vows to fight saying that is not the reason why she was let go. Can you imagine that trial.

Exhibit A is to show that the plaintiff has a zit located just below her eye. There is cellulite on each hip, and one time she showed up with a piece of spinach stuck in her teeth. And don't get me started on the skin tags.

What a life!

Thank God I've gotten old, paunchy and grey. I no longer have to put up with the women undressing me with their eyes.

Comments

deafjeff said…
It's a terrible way to go thru life, people just don't understand us, the truly beautiful ones.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie