OHHHHHHHHH GAAAAAAAAAAAHD!

There's an old joke about a man who survives a plance crash that left all others dead. He is found stranded on an island suffering from broken limbs, dehyrdation, and a fractured skull. The interviewer asks him if he is hurt and he responds:

"It only really hurts when I laugh."

My legs are pulsating limbs of absolute pain. I walk like this today, step, ow, step, ow, step, ow, step %&*#, step, bitch, step, ow!

I remember lifting weights in college with my roommate who was on the wrestling team. The next day I told him, "If I could lift my arms I'd slap your face."

No Pain! No Pain!

Why do I forget that? What makes me think I can do the things I used to do? Then again, I never ran that far for anything, not even pasta. Why oh why?

Yet despite the pain I am still all aglow with what that event meant yesterday. Is it possible to be proud of every human that was there? I enjoy the sense of community and am inspired by common folk banding together to raise awareness with an issue.

Funny, but I didn't see any Bills or Sabres there lending their time.

Yeah, I'm hurting. I'm sure those of you that like to bust my chops are chuckling at that, but don't you think it's time that the true heroes of the world are really honored?

Why wasn't that race page one of the Buffalo News this morning?

Can't we go back to the oil spill, the economy, and the back-up nose tackle for the shitty Bills who haven't sniffed the playoffs in 10 years, tomorrow?

Ah well, it only hurts when I laugh.

Those of that were there are proud, but as an aside to my dear sister, it may be another five years before I lace 'em up.

Or I'll do what my brilliant wife did...finish it all in about an hour and forty minutes!

Comments

Cindy Lehnortt said…
Bless all of you who participated & Thanks. We all have someone who has been affected by Cancer.
Gag said…
Way to go buddy!!!! Your training has officially begun for the Disney Half Marathon. Only 9.8 more miles and you have 3.5 hours to do it in. Keep running, the pain will go away.
deafjeff said…
You are such a wuss, it is 3.1 miles, walking a good clip is 4 mph. Thats about what? 46 minutes?

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty