Day After Day

...life turns grey...like the skin on a dying man. And night after night, we pretend its all right. But you have grown older....life has grown colder...

And it is so easy to get down about things... and so hard to keep treading high above the rising tide.

As a growing man I loved Pink Floyd and their music, but wondered about how down the writer was...I studied Roger Waters through the years and gained a lot of respect...but...

I spent the evening with Sam and his constant giggle. The Yanks were getting spanked but we raised an app on the droid and answered questions about music.

And Sam was giggling because I knew the answer on every single John Denver song.

"Who's John Denver?" He asked. "Was he like the Rolling Stones?"

"Not exactly," I said, but there was so much good music back then. So many different ways to hear the songs.

"And you had one radio that got three channels?"

"That was it."

And it has to be like the stone ages to him, but he laughs as I answer the question about "These Boots Are Made For Walking."

"Nancy Sinatra."

"That's when you were born."

And we laughed. And everything that is grand about being alive shown through in my boy's eyes.

"Matsui hit a grand slam tonight," Sam said.

"I saw that," I answered.

"On Rocco's birthday. Do you think Uncle Jeff had something to do with that?"

"I didn't think of that," I said.

And maybe that's because I'd seen life as growing grey and perhaps it is because life seems colder.

"This was so much fun tonight," Sam said as I headed for bed.

You ain't kidding, kid.

You ain't kidding.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie