Someone's Daughter

I don't know why I'm thinking about this today. Perhaps its the result of having gone to a stag last weekend and seeing a couple of young girls dance.

Maybe it's from years ago when on a trip to Florida I stepped into a bar with my brother by my side. A completely nude girl was working her way down the pole in the center of the room.

"Wanna' get a beer here?" My brother asked as she landed on the floor in front of us.

"Good a place as any," I said.

A couple hours later, I sat at the bar with the stripper trying to figure out why she'd do such a thing.

"Pays the bills," she said.

And perhaps that's why I don't get entirely worked up about going to those places.

(Now mind you, there has been a time or two - shut the hell up all of you that have been there with me).

But this last time, I felt a pang of sympathy for the young ladies in front of me, groping on the floor for one-dollar bills that drunken guys were tossing at them.

Of course, this has been a lifelong dialogue with my wife. She too wonders what would make someone do such a thing. There would certainly have to be a disconnect somewhere, right?

I often wonder what the girl's father might think. I don't have a daughter, but I can only imagine what I might think if that was my own flesh and blood doing the lap dance.

They say that we are pretty uptight when it comes to sex here in the USA, but doesn't it sort of make sense? Those are real people going through that abuse.

As I've said, not really sure why I chose the subject for the blog today. Perhaps its the Youtube video I had in my inbox that showed something utterly, shall we say...personal ...between a young couple.

In any regard, I shift back in time to the conversation I had with that stripper in Florida. She wasn't ashamed. She enjoyed her "job". She didn't actually take kindly to me trying to talk her out of her next show.

"I've seen everything," my brother said as we left the establishment. "Trying to talk sense into a stripper. What a moron."

Perhaps he was right.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty