Waist Deep In a Big Muddy

As I've been prone to do, I woke up in a bit of a down mood. I decided to visit a site where there was a big Red Sux fan so I could hammer him a little bit, but it wasn't as much fun as I thought because he just conceded that the Yankees were better this year. He wasn't passing along any wishes for the rest of the playoffs, but it was hard to kick at him when he was so congratulatory.

So I moved on. I decided to visit a site where the contractor is working on putting up a pole barn for horses. It's a nice little ride and with Howard Stern along, I felt my mood picking up a little.

I did my work, met with a few people, and then seeing the foreman across the way, decided to take a short cut off the pavement.

My left leg went into the mud up to the freaking hip. Having no way to balance myself, I had to place my right leg in close proximity to the left, or I was going face first. The right leg also sunk as if I were in quicksand.

The sounds of the laughter made my skin crawl, but I actually had a bigger problem. I couldn't get free.

The foreman was along in a New York minute. I was working hard to free myself but it was becoming apparent that it wasn't going to work without his helping hand.

"Say the Yankees suck," he said.

I placed my right hand on the pavement and pushed upward. It became clear to him that I wouldn't denounce the Yankees even if I were up to my teeth in the mud, so he gripped under the left arm and helped me out.

Now how do you regain your dignity in front of a crew of men after you just went three feet down in a mud pit?

"Thanks for telling me about the mud, a--holes," I said as I slipped back towards my car.

They laughed me out of the parking lot.

Yet the best part of the story is that I wanted a photo of what I looked like so I could place it on the blog, but as luck might have it, the camera was in my front pocket and the photos for the day didn't turn out. Seems like mud retards the photo-taking operation.

So, here I sit. No worse for the wear, really, but I do know that there will be six people who watched it happen who are going to start their dinner conversation thusly:

"You should see what this idiot did on one of the sites today...

No more Red Sux bashing for me.

Until tomorrow.

Comments

deafjeff said…
hey you said "retard" that's not nice
The post was really funny - glad you held your ground with regard to the Yankees though.

Pops - your comment made me giggle like crazy.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie