One Hit to the Body

The old Rolling Stones song, One Hit to the Body, came on just as I was pulling into the driveway after a quick trip to the grocery store.

I stayed in the car and listened to the hard-rocking tune all the way to the end, and a song that I'd heard was about drug abuse took on a whole new meaning as Mick wailed and Keith strummed. If you have the old CD - catch the line where Mick yells, So help me, God. So help me G-ah,ah,ah,ahd.

Awesome.

And I thought of One Hit to the Body in context of Ted Williams' poor head where reports are saying that some lab techs took baseball swings at it with a monkey wrench. What is going on, people? Who is that guy? Ridiculous.

And I thought of it in the context in which Mick and Keith supposedly wrote the song and the pain of addiction and the lines - I can't clean you out of my veins. The protaganist in the song obviously feeling the pain of the destruction he is leaving in his wake.

As the song ended the radio host said that the Stones were preparing a compilation of their great CD Exile on Main Street and that they have found a whole batch of songs that they never remembered recording.

And I thought of it in context of how I was feeling on a cold fall morning.

One hit straight to the body and one hit straight to the heart. That's all it took, that's all it took, that's all it took, so help me G-ah,ah,ah,ahd.

The song was blasting so loud that my ears were ringing in the cool morning. I'm sure that my neighbors figured that I'd passed out behind the wheel. Melky was watching me from inside the front door, most likely wondering what had happened.

It usually doesn't take him this long to exit the car with the bag of bones.

I left the car feeling better than I had when I got in. I suppose you never know what might happen on a trip to the grocery store.

So help me G-ah,ah,ah,ahd.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie