Baseball Been Berry, Berry Good to Me

Last night, while on the road, I got a telephone call from Sam who was watching the baseball play-in game between the Twins and the Tigers.

He was calling me to get on me a little bit because the Tigers had taken the lead after I had predicted early last week that it would be Twins versus Yankees in the first round.

He was calling because it was a great game, with everything on the line, and it was a game that he won't soon forget.

It called to mind the Yankees-Red Sox play-in game when Bucky Dent homered. I was 13 years old then, and I was listening to my Dad about who would win and why.

My Dad was right by calling the Yankees back then, and I stunned my son yesterday when the Twins came back to win.

And that's what really matters. Now, tonight, the Yankees start their playoff season. The air is cool. The wind is blowing. The Yankees are favored, and I'm a little nervous with anticipation.

I'll watch every pitch with the boys sitting right there beside me - with one of them even rooting against the Yankees - and thanks to his mother still being allowed to live in the house.

11 wins is all each team needs to capture the World Series.

May the best team win.

And it better freaking be the Yankees.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie