Trick or Treat

The kids will soon be beating a path to every door in the neighborhood in an effort to grab some candy, but there is not a lot of ceremony involved. They are not fired up about their costumes, and they don't have any special designs on staying out too long - there's a baseball game to watch after all!

We don't get many visitors to our home anymore, either. I'm not sure why, but our house is often skipped. Perhaps the imposing figure of Melky is enough to halt the parents of the neighborhood children. Whatever, not to sound like an old grouchy man here, but I don't much care for the up and down and the ringing doorbell - after all there's a baseball game to watch.

Through the years I've shared in a few memorable Halloween parties and dressed up quite a few times myself. The last costume I wore was a Howard Stern get-up that itched like crazy and was basically ruined because I drank way too much tequila.

I dressed as a woman a few times too, and when I was young I was actually quite fecthing. Last time I tried it I looked like a cross between Rosie O'Donell and Rose Ann.

Not so fetching.

I never quite got the ghosts and goblins aspect of it all.

What the hell is a goblin?

And me carving a pumpkin for the kids is frankly, a little dangerous.

Trick or treat?

I hope they get a few Reese's that I can eat during the game.

Did I mention there was a game on tonight?

Happy Halloween!

Comments

deafjeff said…
Never too old for the Reese's my friend.
Larry L said…
I had me some Reese's tonight! That is what we bought to handout and not to many trick or treater because of all the rain.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie