What Love Can Do

I titled a blog with this a few weeks back...not sure what I was thinking, but the magic and power of love is certainly not lost on me.

In the middle of the night last night, I looked into my brother's eyes and begged him to remain calm and just rest. For a long second, he protested with his eyes, but all at once, he resigned himself to the situation at hand. "You just need rest," I whispered, "and it will work out."

Jeff still looked skeptical, but then those eyes dissolved into the purest look of love, sadness, resignation, and hope. It was a long look where we just locked on and held it right there. "Have I ever steered you wrong?" I asked.

"Couple of times," he whispered, and I laughed. He's not yet up to smiling, but I know he was.

"So, eyes closed and rest," I said.

He waved at me with all of the fingers on his left hand, closed his eyes, and the look was out of my line of vision, but will never, ever leave my mind.

Men and women have been singing about love for millions of years - I've always sang along - now I'll sing it with a look in my heart.

My daily requests are for you to love the one's around you, and keep us in your prayers.

I have a feeling I'll be my witty, sarcastic self again in no time - the world has been getting off easy with my blogging shut-down, but I'm saving some of my rants.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie