Good News??????

Every time the phone rings I cringe. The mailman hasn't seemed to bring anything but bills. My e-mails are requests for my time, and I just don't seem to have the time I used to.

The Yankees are dropping like flies in front of the congressional inquiries. A plane crashed, a chimp ate a woman's face, an 11-year-old shot his would be stepmother, the world banks crashed again, Marshawn got arrested, our hockey goalie sprained his ankle to top all of the news, all the time.

This morning I headed to the hospital and at 6 AM with the paper screaming the bad news to me, I got stuck in an elevator between the 4th and 5th floor - I was accompanied by a doctor and a nurse - both who were looking at their watches as though they'd be late.

"It's not so bad," the nurse said. "We can relax for a minute and plan our day."

I wasn't ready for the optimistic look at our predicament.

"Unless we plummet four stories to our deaths," I said.

"My God! Why would you say that?" she asked.

I laughed just so she might think I was kidding.

Twenty minutes later we were safely free and I glanced at my cell phone to see that the battery had died after charging all night. I finally looked to the sky.

"Do you have any good news for me?"

"Can't you send me a rebate check from something I bought for Christmas?"

"How about a Publisher's Clearinghouse Catalogue that says I might already be a millionaire."

Just one bit of good news, please!

Come, on, now - it's getting a bit ridiculous!

I'm just kidding - (really).

Comments

Andrea Renee said…
That's so weird - I had a dream about getting stuck in an elevator last night!!
Here's some good news for you: Bruce is going on tour this summer. And I'm going to win $145 million tonight.

Oh, on the drive to CA w/mom, Jim and Jeff, we stopped in Vegas. Jeff jumped in the (glass) elevator, jammed it up and we were stuck in it for 3 hours - watching as Mom & Jim gambled the time away... nice, huh? Good memory now...

"Plummetting four floors" made me laugh out loud.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty