Polishing a Turd

From time to time I've used this blog to say that life can be a shit sandwich - well, recently we have been left to polish a turd as the expression goes - and we are working hard at doing so. My brother brought about $50 worth of donuts to the nursing staff at the hospital - in a situation where it is easy to get frustrated with those that are helping you - he just wanted to say thanks.

Jeff told the nurses that I'm a writer - so I brought a couple of books in to the nurse who was attending him at night - "It's hard to put the book down" the nurse told me - "Well, you better put it down," I said - "He needs you in there." She laughed - "I only read when he's sleeping."

I'm blessed with a family that really can bring it to lighten the mood - my brother had a field day with my inability to blow up an air mattress and documented it for all to see in the journal we are keeping for Jeff to write down our thoughts.

Yet - facing forward - assessing the situation and cleaning up the mess. There will be tense moments and tough decisions, but in the end we will prevail - kind of sounds like Obama's trek to fix the economoy, huh? So far we are getting the better of the deal.

Yet it is a day at a time and one foot in front of the other.

By the way, Bruce's album is a masterpiece yet again - and I need to see the Super Bowl appearance again, but he did just fine as usual.

The fog is lifting, but the enthusiasm for life is still forced.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie