Shut-Up Already!

I spent a lot of my work time driving today. It was a crisp, clear day with a bright sun shining in my face as I drove. I kept moving the visor to keep the sun off my face as I drove, and I thought way too much. Howard Stern was in repeats. I couldn't listen to sports radio because all they were talking about was Madonna's boyfriend, and I just didn't have the heart for Bruce today.

So I fiddled with the radio, struggled to keep my mind focused on my work, and contemplated the sadness that comes with having a family member in the ICU unit. Moment after moment, I considered how sad I felt, and considering that I'm not one to dwell on sadness, I began telling my stupid mind to shut-up and leave me alone.

When Jake was sick a wise friend of mine told me that I needed to chase all negative thoughts with a prayer, and that I needed to focus my energies in a positive manner. It's sound advice and they are words that I've taken to heart. Usually it works. Today, though, I was telling myself to shut the --- up.

Perhaps its fatigue settling in - so instead, I went to the local radio - the news station was speaking of the plane crash - too sad - so I went to the local sports - and they were talking about Marshawn Lynch, the millionaire idiot who runs with a piece of pigskin. Seems like he got in trouble again.

Finally! I had a reason to laugh! Here's a man who should be holding life by the scruff of the neck. He's a millionaire who doesn't have anything to do until August or September, and then he only works for three hours per day, 16 times a year. All he has to do the rest of the time is keep himself out of trouble and stay in shape. He couldn't do it!

Yet I couldn't revel in the news of his arrest all day long - I switched to the national news and the still spiraling economy.

Please shut-up.

And get that sun out of my face!

I'll feel better tomorrow, I promise.

Comments

deafjeff said…
How the hell did that idiot get into Cal? Oh yeah beef moe run fast. Moron.
Rosie said…
keep the faith brother.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie